Filer's Files #03 -- 2000, MUFON Skywatch Investigations
George A. Filer, Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern
January 21, 2000,
[email protected] (609) 654-0020
Web Site at -- Chuck Warren Webmaster.


Cosmic Ancestry is a new theory that the origin of life on Earth was seeded
from space, and that life's evolution to higher forms depends on genetic
programs that come from space. It is a wholly scientific, testable theory
for which evidence is accumulating. "We don't know where life first
started," says Curt Mileikowsky, a physicist with the Royal Institute of
Technology in Sweden, "but we know Mars was available for life earlier than
Earth." Mars, smaller than Earth, would have cooled to hospitable
temperatures first. And most planetary scientists envision that early Mars
would have been a warm, wet place -- conditions considered amenable to life.
In the work, Mileikowsky and nine other researchers from institutions around
the world calculated that meteors and comets crashing into the Red Planet
would have knocked billions of Martian rocks into space. About one of every
150 of those Martian rocks then fell on Earth within a million years, the
researchers said. In total, more than 55 billion Martian rocks have fallen to
Earth in the past 5 billion years. The findings were presented at the
American Astronomical Society meeting in Atlanta and will be published in the
journal Icarus. The rocky interplanetary highway isn't just one way. Comets
and meteors also blasted pieces of Earth into space, some of which made their
way to Mars, though not quite as many.

Scientists have found a tough but peaceful pair of bacteria that might have
been able to survive the arduous trip from Mars. `They are simply happy
creatures,'' Curt Mileikowsky said of the two bacteria strains that were
tested for road-hardiness in a Swedish lab. ``They don't cause any disease,
they are very peaceful.'' But were they the first visitors from Mars? The
bacteria -- Bacillus subtilis (wild) and Deinococcus radiodurans R1-- are
resistant to high speeds, extreme heat and radiation. These properties would
be necessary to survive a voyage by from Mars to Earth. There is even
tentative evidence that the outbreak of serious flu epidemics are tied to new
flu strains arriving from space. Thanks to Ken Chang
Editor's Note: Its interesting that scientists now say we may not have
originated from an ancient swamp on Earth after all, but that life came from
outer space. I'm glad to see scientists and religion are becoming closer in
agreement on how life on Earth occurred. Genesis 1-1 states, "In the
beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form
and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God
was moving over the face of the waters." Verse-11, "And God said let the
earth burst forth with every sort of grass and seed-bearing plant, and fruit
trees with seeds inside the fruit, so that these seeds will produce the kinds
of plants they come from."


BAHAMAS -- On December 25, 1999, my husband, two sons and I were aboard the
Disney Cruise Ship, which was sailing to Castaway Cay from Nassau in the
Bahamas at 3:30 AM. The ship was headed east and we were on the right side
of the ship looking south when we spotted a very large, stationary, and oval
shaped light in the sky. It was much too large to be an airplane. I grabbed
the binoculars to get a closer look. The best way to describe it was it
looked like a gigantic ball of large lights that subtly changed shape. The
lights faded out and went completely dark and within a couple of minutes it
lit back up again. One of my sons then took the binoculars and agreed he saw
the same thing I did. He then spotted another ball of lights, the same exact
thing, at sea level. Thanks to DDDDIXON


JACKSON -- We were at Great Adventure theme park in Jackson, and my brother
took this picture with a digital camera. When he burned the pictures on a
disk, we noticed this object in the sky. We had no idea it was there when we
took the picture. Thanks to: Hoo:
[email protected]


HUNTINGTON -- My girlfriend and I witnessed an event about 25 minutes ago
which we are concerned about. We live in Huntington in Long Island, NY and
witnessed a greenish/blue object moving from the south towards the north at a
high altitude and at an incredible velocity. It was not an airplane, a
comet/meteor, nor Satellite either! I don't know who to ask. Please direct
me somewhere that I can get some peace of mind. Thanks to Gregory M. and
[email protected]


DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA -- I attended "America's Millennium" celebration at the
National Mall on New Year's Eve. With a large crowd we were entering the
Foggy Bottom Metro Station escalators at about 1:00 AM with the sound of
fireworks still exploding not far away. I noticed shooting stars near the
western horizon and said to my friend, "What good timing for shooting stars?"
Then I got a better look at what they were. I saw an identical pair of dark
but lit cylindrical objects "flying" in formation from northwest to southeast
passing almost directly above me. They were definitely not meteors. They
moved at high speed, but I was able to see them clearly. Less than a minute
later a single cylinder moved from WSW to ENE at about the same speed and had
the same appearance. I then said, "Am I seeing UFOs?" No one else seemed to
notice. Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC!


RICHMOND -- On October 10, 1999, a disk shaped UFO was observed by a high
school teacher and her two teenagers at 7: 00 PM in clear weather. MUFON
investigator Joan Woodward interviewed the witnesses. Therese P. was driving
on Route 645 along the Appomattox River near the Ft. Lee Military Reservation
when Mathew 14, sighted a large object rising out of the woods. The object
was hovering low above the trees just south of the Federal Reformatory at
twilight. The three witnesses described the object as 10 to 13 pulsating and
rotating white amber lights in a circular formation-moving counter clockwise.
There was also a large white amber light that did not pulsate. Therese
continued to drive toward the lights and, when they were a half mile away,
they estimated the entire formation was about 100 to 150 feet above the
ground and the size of her fist. A few seconds later they saw more single
lights rapidly approach from the south and hover in a horizontal line to the
left of the others. These lights were about the size of one of the lights in
the circle.

Route 64 curves to the south about one hundred yards to the east of where the
lights were and, as they made this turn, the vehicle's head lights passed
under the objects. The objects appeared to respond to the headlights by
slowly moving south parallel to the road. The lights hovered over several
buildings used to house the staff of the Federal Reformatory. They wanted a
better look, so they drove west down a private driveway toward the houses.
When she was almost beneath the lights, she pulled to the side of the road,
cut the engine and lights off, and rolled down the windows. The witnesses
reported there was an unnatural silence in the area and it was like entering
a sound proof room. They observed the lights through some trees. The object
was the size of an automobile tire at arm's length. After watching for a few
minutes the formation of lights then disappeared and two seconds later
reappeared in the east in the same formation. Mathew saw a streak of white
light as they moved. The object then moved instantaneously to an area about
three miles distant. Contacts with local military and airports indicate no
one else was aware of the incident. The 13-year-old daughter had a red mark
on the back of her neck and one behind her left ear. There was also a
semi-circular formation of red puncture marks on her forehead after the
incident. Thanks to VA State Director Ricardo Atristain


LA GRANGE - Investigator John Thompson writes I visited with the father and
son who were 75 to 80 yards from the UFO that was hovering about 12 feet high
above their property! Both are excellent witnesses. This was a
close-encounter and may tie in with what folks in South Mississippi and
airplane crew in Missouri saw the same night. Unless the shuttle was fixing
to land in a Troup County pasture and has silent boosters we can safely rule
the shuttle out! Actual time of sighting was around 8:05-8:10 p.m., Eastern
Time. The forty-four-year old father, who is a large landowner, has two
years of agricultural engineering. The object maneuvered as "smooth as
silk." It descended, ascended and changed directions several times with
sparks or ashes "coming off like a campfire." The sparks or ashes were not
ejected. He is certain that the UFO is of alien manufacture, was under
intelligent control and was not piloted by a human. The witnesses believe the
speed of the UFO was 400 to 500 mph. John made some measurements and
calculations and feels the speed was 325-350 mph. The reaction time to do
the zigzag or "weave" in response to lights going on (truck lights) was, as
he said, entirely too fast for any human to perform. It could be a cruise
missile with highly sophisticated terrain-hugging, light-sensing, sensors and
computer controls. However, the witnesses and John have trouble accepting
this explanation. It remains a true UFO of truck size that could manipulate
its own internal lighting, guidance and speed. A pinkish red light seen at
the end of sighting was not the exhaust of an engine No sound was made at
any time of the UFO sighting. The UFO was upwind from the witnesses, and
they could clearly hear coonhounds upwind baying over a mile away. The UFO
made no sound at only 75-80 yards. No burn spots were found under the path
of the UFO. A thorough search was made of the property. The FAA knows of no
military or commercial testing in the area. The witnesses were video taped
and signed a general case form. John says, "I consider this to be in the top
ten percent of cases I've done." Thanks to John Thompson
[email protected].


SUMMERFIELD - "On January 5, 2000, at 0415, I was dispatched to the north
side of Lebanon in response to a call received by the St. Clair County
Sheriff's Department." An object described as big as a two story house with
bright lights was flying around the northern end of Lebanon. While heading
east on Widicus Road, I saw what looked like two big, very bright white
lights, very close together, in a stationary position, over the town of
Summerfield. I called this in to the dispatcher, advised that I was going
over there to check on it. I also told them it definitely wasn't the moon or
a star. While heading south on Rt.4, it changed shape, and looked like the
two lights merged into one big one before my eyes. After getting into the
town of Lebanon, I turned eastbound onto Route 50. While traveling
eastbound, I watched it change into what looked like an elongated cigar. It
was to the southeast of me at this time. There were a few cars on the road,
so I turned on my overhead emergency lights, I was going approx.75-80 mph
while heading in the direction of the object. When I turned onto old Route
50, it started moving slowly northeast. I stopped my squad car, turned off
the overhead lights, and turned off the car. It then headed southwest at a
very high rate of speed. It looked like it was 2000 ft above the ground. It
passed just south of my position, about 150 to 200 feet away from me. When I
began to tell the dispatcher, it then accelerated, and headed southwest
towards Shiloh, before I could finish what I was going to tell the
dispatcher, it looked like it was over Shiloh's southeast side. I told the
dispatcher that if a Shiloh officer would look up, he should see it. Right
after the end of my transmission, Shiloh advised he could see it, and that it
was still heading southwest at a high rate of speed.

Soon after that, the Millstadt officer told the dispatcher that he could see
it. The next reporting agency was the Dupo police Dept., who said he was
watching it through his field glasses. I couldn't discern what shape it was
until it flew almost overhead. When it did, it looked like a large, narrow
triangle, with the sides being longer than the base. It had three large very
bright white lights in what appeared to be the three corners. The lights were
pointing straight down, with no oscillation. There was one red light that
blinked near the base, just in front of, and in between the large white
lights. When it was moving away from me, the back end looked long and narrow,
with white light coming from it. The light looked like it was one long unit.
There were multi-colored lights spanning the length of the back. I could tell
there was more than one color, but not sure which ones because they seemed to
blend together. Total length of observation was approx.4-5 minutes. Also,
when it flew past me, It made no noise. I've drawn a total of five pictures
of what I saw, and the Shiloh officer has drawn one. The Millstadt officer
said he was able to take a picture of it, but that it turned out fuzzy due to
the cold. Thanks to Peter Davenport NUFORC!
Editors Note: John Thompson one or our best investigators writes, "Seems
people are now admitting that the sightings were in a direct line heading
toward a blimp airport in Cahokia, IL and the object emitted a low level buzz
not unlike that of a blimp." Its obvious further investigation is needed.


NORTH ISLAND -- A commercial pilot reports to ISUR that on December 15, 1999,
he and an associate were walking on a beach located on the East Coast of
North Island. A large green light came across the calm and still water at
about 11:30 PM. The green light turned a bit, indicating two additional
smaller lights. The object/light accelerated past the witnesses at an
estimated 200 knots and at an altitude of about 100 feet, completely silent.
The object/light was observed as it traveled about 3 kilometers and then
disappeared. The witness later spoke to a nearby farmer who told him that he
had observed a similar event while driving his tractor. The farmer had topped
a rise and suddenly stopped his tractor when he saw a huge UFO 50 meters
away. There were flashing lights around a middle rim of a stationary disc
that was 100 meters in diameter. The farmer turned off his tractor lights
and at that moment the lights on the object went out. Another bright light
appeared at the top and it took off with a deep buzzing noise and
disappeared. Thanks to ISUR at and Tom Sheets


In recent months we have been getting reports of hooded and robed humanoids
walking along roads and possibly participating in abductions. The witnesses
report they are awakened in the middle of the night when a blue light fills
the bedroom. They are paralyzed but able to look around the room, and a
robed figure is present. Sometimes the witnesses claim the eyes are red or
glowing red in appearance. The witnesses' claim that they and other family
members describe similar or the same hooded robed figures in their homes.
Often the robed figure is observed coming out of the wall with several other
smaller humanoids with it. The larger robed figure usually has its face
covered. The witnesses often ask, "Who are you, what do you want? However,
they have trouble talking, and are only able to make muffled or chirping
noises. This may indicate their vocal cords have been paralyzed. Usually
the witnesses awake in the morning with indications that an abduction or some
type of examination as taken place.

This is the key time for witnesses to review the night's events. If you
believe you have been visited its imperative that you look for evidence. At
the very least, this is when the floor, bed, covers, night table, walls and
ceiling should be closely examined for evidence. The evidence is most likely
on a molecular or very tiny level, specks of dust, footprints, powder, sand,
or silicon. Anything unusual should be carefully swept up using a cotton
swabs and placed in a small glass jar. Try to obtain a witness to the
collection of the evidence. You may want to call the police, Ufologists or
at least another member of the family. Abductions may only be remembered
like a dream. Frequently, examinations, powdering, cutting and bruising of
the skin have taken place. Again evidence and testimony from physicians and
outsiders is needed. A dream or waking in the night needs substantiation.
If anyone has entered your house you have a right to have a police
investigation. It is up to the possible abductee to cooperate, photograph
and help others to obtain evidence. If a hooded figure or other humanoids
were in your room it is very possible they left evidence. The most likely
point of entry into your room may still be damaged or changed in some way.
Tiny pieces of residue, silicon, glass, and meteorite powder may have been
left behind. Meteorite powder will likely contain iron and other minerals
that can be picked up by a magnet. Crop circles often contain meteorite
powder, while areas outside the crop circles have virtually none. If you
have happen to have meteorite powder in your bedroom, this is strong
evidence. I encourage people who suspect they have had an encounter to take
action. Get dressed up and visit your local police, newspaper and
politicians with others. You might want to take a copy of the above police
report in these files. You may simply tell the police you suspect prowlers
are in your home at night and you wish protection. I would not mention UFOs,
unless you have support from other witnesses. You saw a flash, possibly a
flashlight and a prowler in your room. You found this powder on the floor.
I'm not aware of even one abductee bringing in evidence to the authorities.
Now that police are observing these craft they may be more willing to listen
to your complaints. Next is the story of a brave possible abductee.


Bill Bean writes that, "In July of 1997, I became mysteriously ill and
couldn't swallow, because there was a pressure on my throat." I felt I was
choking, just drinking water. It was the most horrible experience of my
life, and I wish it on no one. I saw eight different doctors and many tests
were done and nobody gave me an answers. I was rushed by ambulance to the
hospital, three times in three weeks. I truly thought I was dying. I noticed
a pattern of red circular marks on my back that I felt was a reaction to the
medication. My wife photographed them. I could not eat and my weight went
from a muscular 240 lbs. to 198 lbs. On December 16, 1997, I was in the
bathroom with my wife, brushing my teeth when felt a bristle came off my
toothbrush causing me to cough. I reached in my mouth to get the object with
my right index finger and found a gold - square - flat - chip. Our first
thoughts were that it had to come out of the toothbrush. Something told me to
save it and I did. The next night, while brushing my teeth, I started
coughing again and expelled two more of these things in the sink. After
expelling the first piece, I felt like some pressure had come off of my
throat and the next night a lot of pressure had come off. I began eating
normally and felt much better. Last year, I sent one piece to Derrel Sims who
had the object analyzed. Bill says, "My piece matches a piece that was
surgically removed from a person four years ago in Brazil. An isotopic test
to determine if the piece is alien is being accomplished." Thanks to Bill
[email protected]. Editors Note: Derrel Sims and I feel this may be the
most significant implant case thus far.
[email protected]


ACAPULCO -- Citizens confirm that an OVNI (UFO) flew over the city of
Acapulco Mexico on January 18, 2000. Many inhabitants of the tourist port on
the Pacific Ocean are saying that they saw a UFO that was kind of bright and
oval in shape. It was seen for about seven minutes flying over the city with
making strange circles in the sky leaving a flash of green and yellow light
in trail. Guillermo Alarcon UFO Investigations Guillermo Alarcon UFO


WHITEHORSE -- On January 18, 2000, sensors aboard DOD satellites detected the
impact of a meteoroid at 16:44 UTC (9 a.m. local time), in the Yukon
Territory. The object detonated at an altitude of 25 km at 60.25 degrees
North latitude, 134.65 degrees West Longitude shaking houses and providing
residents with a dramatic light show. Optical sensors detected the same
event at 16:43:42 UTC. The event lasted 2 seconds at 1 micron wavelength
Estimates of total radiated power are 1.1 x 10 exp. 12 Joules. -
Witnesses in Carcross said the explosion rattled windows and shook snow from
roofs in the small village about 120 miles (190 km) north of Juneau, Alaska,


NORO - On December 28, 1999, at 10.30 AM Respondents report sighting a
rotating unidentified object near the port of Noro, New Georgia Island,
Western Province. Solomon Islands. The 'object appeared quite bright at
first, though it looked like shinning glass in the sky'. After some minutes
it passed through some clouds and then appeared to be an 'solid object'.
Thanks to the Solomon Star 1/ 6/ 20 and National Space Center
[email protected],
Ross Dowe


James Bond Johnson the photographer of the debris in General Ramey's office
on July 8, 1947, says, "If we take a scientific look at the scene, at
Headquarters 8th Army Air Force we can make certain assumptions, including:

1. General Ramey, having only recently achieved his big dream of becoming an
Air Force commander and having serious aspirations to becoming an early Chief
of Staff of the about to be born US Air Force would have been VERY careful.
He did not want to screw up with this hot potato that fate had tossed in his

2. I think there can be NO serious conclusion that Ramey was "holding a
press conference" grounded in Neil's astute observations. A careful commander
like Ramey certainly would have gotten his "dog and pony" show better
organized and prepared. And gotten his staff to "spruce up" -- like HE did!

3. If Ramey was going to "fake it" for a photo opportunity he would have
scrounged up easily identified "spare parts" from some RAWIN/MOGUL and not a
bunch of weird "out of this world" pieces that can't be matched up with the
RAWIN/MOGUL blueprints even 52 years later! He NEVER would have risked some
inquisitive newspaper reporter questioning those weird "things" spread out in
the photos. Even w/o computer enhancement the parts look unworldly! And
Ramey's stars would have twinkled out! Poof!

4. The urgent and unprecedented action of General Ramey to rush that same
night right over to radio station WBAP and to go on the air live with his
"weather balloon" announcement surely must have been "damage control" to
defuse the ROP, which he knew would be showing up in every newspaper in the
world the next morning under the front page banner of "General Ramey Examines
"Flying Saucer" Wreckage". Ramey knew that his action certainly would
subject the AAF to ridicule as he now was having to ADMIT that his command
had made a giant faux paus. The last thing that a military general wants to
have to do is to have to say "oops!" "Sorry, guys, my new command just blew
it! We couldn't tell a flying saucer from a common weather balloon!" Does
anybody challenge ANY of the above statements or what to add to this list?
Thanks to Bond Johnson.

Stan Friedman responds: "People seem to be forgetting that CIC Cavitt went to
the crash site and brought back wreckage as well, the night of July 7, 1947.
Col. Blanchard was NOT his commander. He undoubtedly notified his people in
Albuquerque who would have notified Washington DC. Clearly the wreckage was
not of a plane under Col. Blanchard's command. It thus became an
intelligence or counterintelligence problem. In addition there were spotter
planes at the base who would have easily noted the wreckage from the air and
conceivably could have landed out there first thing in the morning on July 8.
Don't forget General McMullen's call to General Ramey taken by Colonel
DuBose. I too, doubt there was really a press conference. I do think it was
clever to divert attention from Roswell to Fort Worth." Thanks to Stan
Friedman. Editors Notes: There are about a 100 witnesses who claim they saw
fantastic metal/plastic materials at the Roswell crash site. Photos taken of
the debris under high resolution show half inch thick materials with
hieroglyphic like markings. The message in General Ramey's hand speaks of a
crashed craft and bodies. Roswell may include parts of a Mogul balloon, but
it also contains other wreckage. So in a sense everyone is right, so I urge
all Ufologists to stop arguing and investigate. It is really a shame there
are no funds for real scientific investigation. If you would like your name
to go down in history consider funding this research. Neil Morris is the
primary researcher and some of his work can be seen at:


PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - The $165 million mission to Mars has officially ended
in failure has NASA's has given up hope for saving the mission. The Jet
Propulsion Laboratory 's craft was scheduled to touch down on December 3,
1999. No signal has been received from the craft. The craft was sent to
help search for life on the planet. Most missions to Mars are a failure
while overall NASA missions including those to Mars are 90% successful.
Perhaps the bacteria found on Mars has grown up and they don't like us there.
NASA keeps on claiming they are reviewing all possibilities and will
continue to seek an explanation for the failure of their last two probes. The
orbiter was lsot in September. Our satellites and shuttles are observing
UFOs; the Phobus 2 satellite took a photo of one. I'm happy to give NASA a
briefing on the data we have obtained. I suggest they examine the STS 48,75,
80, 84, and 96 shuttle film for the possibility that there is life out there.
I also suggest you include some UFO investigators in your examination of the
loss of your last two craft. John Schusseler or Dr. Bob Woods both former
experts in aviation in space would be my choice. In the Air Force I
frequently briefed generals and on occasion congressmen and would be happy to
help NASA save a couple hundred million on the next probe.


UFOCAT 99 is the latest version of the database begun during the Condon
Committee study in 1967 by Dr. David R. Saunders. It contains over 111,500
citations (some UFO reports contain multiple citations). It exists as a
modern relational database in MS Access 97, and comes with the Access 97 run
time system on the CD-ROM. The CD-ROM is available for purchase for $59.95
from either Arcturus Books, the Center for UFO Studies, or Sun River Research
Inst. ( It requires 100 megabytes
of free disk space to install on your computer.
Visit the website for the latest research using the UFOCAT 99 database. New
this week will be a number of charts showing the relationship between the
occurrence of UFO reports and sidereal time! Thanks to Don Johnson Drdonj5219

All real estate agents are not the same? Some real estate agents or sales
representatives are part timers and inexperienced. Others are experts with
an excellent experience and capabilities. When you are selling or buying
your home, you need to make sure you have the best real estate agent working
for you before you make any important financial decisions on one your biggest
investments! Remember, the majority of people do not know the right
questions to ask, and what pit falls can cause major problems. Picking the
right real estate agent can be a wonderful experience, and picking the wrong
one can be a big mistake that can waste your time and cost you thousands!
Find out, "What you need to understand before hiring any real estate agent!"
These are the questions that many agents do not want you to ask. Learn how
you can obtain the best real estate agent for your needs. To get a free copy
of this report, just call (609) 654-0020 or e-mail us at
[email protected].
We can also help you with your own or corporate Worldwide Relocation to
Australia, Benelux, Canada, Cayman Islands, England, France, Guam, Hong Kong,
Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Papua New Guinea,
Philippines, Puerto Rico, and all 50 states of the United States. We also
have help with associates that speak languages other than their native tongue.

-- For more detailed monthly investigative reports
subscribe by contacting
[email protected]. Mention I recommended you for
membership. Filer's Files is Copyrighted 2000 by George A. Filer, all rights
reserved. Readers may post items from the Files on their Web Sites provided
that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of
issue that the item appeared. Send your letters to
[email protected].
Sending mail automatically grants permission for us to publish. Please state
if you wish to keep your name or story confidential.